I decided to participate in this read-a-thon kind of last minute but I could not stay away! This read-a-thon is hosted by Leaninglights on Youtube and you can go check out her channel here. It begins on July 25th at midnight and will go through the 31st. There are 5 challenges for this read-a-thon. I did not pick one book for each challenge because there is no way that I will be reading 5 books during this week. I am also currently in the middle of a few books as well so I may try and squeeze some of those into this read-a-thon as well.
1. First Book in a series: I will not be doing this one because I am in the middle of so many series right now that I do not want to start another one.
2. Sequel Book in a series: I will be reading The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King which is the second book in the Dark Tower series for this challenge. I read The Gunslinger last year and am ready to keep going in the series.
3. Out of your comfort zone (genre, author, reviews, etc): For this one, I chose The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella. This is a contemporary book which I do not usually read or like that much but I have heard great things about this author and am excited to try something of hers.
4. On your shelf over a year (or the longest): I chose All Around the Town by Mary Higgins Clark because I have had this book on my shelf for a couple years now and was in the mood for a mystery novel.
5. Most recently hauled book:This is not my most recently hauled book but it is one of the most recent. For this challenge, I will be reading Obsessed by Ted Dekker. This is one of his books that I have not yet read and he is one of my favorite authors so I hope that I will get to this one during the read-a-thon.
Well, there you have it! This is what I will be reading over the next week. Let me know if you are participating. I would love to hear what you are reading.
Thanks for stopping by!