Happy New Year!
I am here to bring you a review of my reading resolutions from 2014 and to introduce my reading resolutions for 2015.
My 2014 Reading Resolution:
Last year, I set a goal to read 25,000 pages and I did really well. I set that goal so that I could read longer books. I did pretty well at reading longer books and I ended up surpassing my page goal. I ended up reading 26789 pages and a total of 91 books. I consider 2014 to have been a success and look forward to doing just as well in 2015.
My 2015 Reading Resolutions:
1. Big Books – I want to read 10 books that have at least 550 pages. Last year, I did pretty well reading big books but I have a lot of them still sitting on my shelves that I want to get to this year.
2. Classics – I would like to read at least 15 classics off of the Classics Reading Challenge my sister, friend, and I are reading through. I think that 15 classics will be a really good accomplishment for this challenge.
3. TBR Pile – I will attempt to get my TBR pile of physical books below 200. It is currently around 250 or so. This includes books that I buy in 2015. I really want to spend this year reading mostly from my own shelves since I have built up a little library at home.
4. Series – Whether I have already started them or will start them in the new year, I want to complete 5 series in 2015. I own quite a few series and have a bunch more that I can get at the library. The top of the list on this is A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. I also want to finish reading the last 5 books in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
5. Jessi’s Picks – For this resolution, I am going to have my sister pick 12 books from my shelves that she wants me to read in 2015. They can be any books at all and I will read at least one each month in 2015. This will help me read some books that I have been avoiding or just haven’t thought to pick up yet. I will not be limiting myself to one each month but I have to read at least one a month until they are all gone. I will probably do a separate post showing which books she has picked for me.
What are some of your reading resolutions for 2015? Let me know down below!
Thanks for stopping by!