It has been a really long time since I have posted some new content here. This is because I am full-time student teaching this semester and to be honest, I haven’t picked up a book to read for pleasure since the end of summer. I am hoping that as the semester goes on, I will be able to begin reading again but we will have to see. For today, I thought I would just fill you in on some of my reading habits by doing the Reading Habits Book Tag. I was not tagged in it but
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? I usually read in my chair in the living room or on my bed. Somewhere comfy where I can curl up with my book.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? I use bookmarks all the time! I actually try to see how long I can use one bookmark without losing it. It has kind of turned into a conversation with myself and the one I am currently using has been used for almost a year now without getting lost.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages? I just stop reading where ever. Like I said before, I do most of my reading at work so most of the time I’m not able to stop after a chapter or certain amount of pages.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading? I love having a snack with me while I read but usually I just have a big cup of nice hot coffee.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? I love to read while listening to music. There are certain kinds of music that love to listen to when I am just curled up and reading for hours. I actually create playlists of music on my computer or iPod that I read to. If I am reading while watching TV, it is usually during the commercials or if someone else is watching something I am not interested in.
6. One book at a time or several at once? I used to be only one book at a time but over the summer, I found myself reading more than one book at once for various reasons. I still prefer to give one book my focus at a time but certain situations call for multiple books.
7. Reading at home or everywhere? Everywhere! I have been known to read in 10 minute breaks during class, while walking to the library, and basically wherever I can find time.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head? I read in my head unless I am reading to someone.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages? I never read ahead or skip pages. Sometimes, I will glance down the page if I need to know what happens right away but never go farther than that.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? I try to keep my books looking like new, but breaking the spine happens. I won’t sacrifice being able to read the book for keeping the book in perfect condition.
11. Do you write in your books? No, I do not write or highlight in books. I am a big fan of sticky notes so if I want to remember something, I will just write it on the sticky note and stick it in there.
Well, there are some of my reading habits. I hope you enjoyed this tag and getting to know more about me as a reader. If you want to do this tag, go ahead! I tag you! Also, if there are other tags you would like me to do, let me know down in the comments.
Thanks for stopping by!